What is an Apple Watch?
Shopping for that perfect gift? Have an Apple fan in the house? Have you considered an Apple Watch?
Staying connected is so important and an Apple Watch is the perfect way to keep in touch without constantly being on your phone.
Apples watches are a line of smartwatches which connects to your iPhone (yes, you have to have an iPhone) and allows you to access a multitude of functions with the flick of a wrist.
Utilizing a technology called haptics, which uses your sense of touch as an alert, an Apple watch will let you know if you have an incoming call, text message and even emails!
Other features (as of the most recent Apple Watch series 6 release) include:
- Blood Oxygen Sensor
- Detects blood oxygen levels through the wrist
- Takes manual readings in 15 seconds
- Provides periodic background readings
- Sleep Tracker
- Create multiple schedules
- Sleep goal monitoring
- Uses motion to detect sleep when it is in sleep mode and worn to bed
- Allows for recording of an electrocardiogram
- Activity App
- Check progress throughout the day
- Goal notification
- Link friends to see their progress
- Water Resistant to 50 meters
- May be used for shallow water activities including swimming
- Fall Detector
- Uses accelerometer and gyroscope technology to detect falls and alert emergency services
- Emergency Quick Call
- Quick access to call emergency services
- Music Streaming
- Play, pause and skip songs with ease
- Apple Pay
- Set up a credit or debit card then tap and pay!
- Be alerted to upcoming turns and directions with visuals and haptics
The Apple Watch Series 6 has an updated processing chip which performs 20% faster than the previous generation. The Series 6 also has a display that is 2.5 times brighter than the Series 5.
They are available in two sizes, 40mm and 44mm and the Series 6 starts at $399.
Also new to the Series 6 is a blue aluminum body, as well as gold stainless steel, graphite stainless steel and Apple Watch PRODUCT(RED).
The Apple watch display is highly customizable and the new Series 6 adds quite a few new faces including Tachymeter, MeMoji, Pride Stripes, team colors and many more!
WatchOS (the operating system which runs your watch) is compatible with Apple Watch Series 3 and up and has an exciting list of new features including:
- Apple Fitness+
- Apple Watch home workout program
- Wind Down
- Helps establish bedtime routines
- Sleep Mode
- Sleep Tracking
- Yellow tint to ease blue light exposure
- Wake Alarm
- soft sounds or haptics
- Provides a weather report
- Battery life notification
- Hand Washing Detection
- Listens for the sound of running water then sets a 20 second timer
- Family Setup
- Allows children or older adults to set up an Apple Watch without an iPhone
- Parental Controls
- School time Mode
- Updated Maps
- Cyclists route
- Search along route
- Updated Siri
- Spoken Translations in 10 languages
- Dictation done on device
- Hearing Protections
- Weekly Listening notifications
- Automatic loud sound reduction option
- Ability to set max headphone volume
And the best part... show off your style with changeable BANDS! Fancy Bands provides a way to customize the look of your watch to match your personality, holidays or your wardrobe!
Give the gift of an Apple Watch and add a Fancy Band as a stocking stuffer! #BeFancy
Apple Watch available at apple.com